Monday, September 17, 2007

Record number of paintings

I worked on 14 paintings this weekend! About half were things I put finishing touches on or changed and I put 7 new ones together. I cranked up the Vilvadi and painted from 6 am to 5:30 pm on Saturday. I have to say I was in the zone. I have enough paintings for my show in October. Now I'll work on the photographs and notecards. The problem is I went to Blick's Art store yesterday and they were having a 70% off sale if you bought 20 canvases or more. So how could I resist? I spent a $100 and saved $170. How cool is that? So I'll have to ward off the temptation to fill them all up so I can finish my other projects.

2 comments:

  1. I can't blame you for taking advantage of that sale... it's incredible! So I was wondering, did you have to get a business license or something for tax purposes in order to sell your stuff? How does one go about doing that sort of thing? I always wanted to have a booth at a craft fair or something, I just don't want to have to pay a $500 independent business fee. :P

    Oh and I was thinking of getting you some canvases or painting supplies for Xmas.... though after that sale.... is there anything you need?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each state is different. You can probably get a temporary seller's permit in your state if you are just going to do a couple of fairs a year. In California that doesn't cost anything, it just authorizes you to collect the taxes and send them in when the festival is over. Otherwise you have to set up like a business and pull all of the business licenses etc required by your state.

    I always need more paint!!!!

    ReplyDelete