Monday, March 17, 2008

Wigglin' Stick

So Darryl has moved up from stick catcher to wigglin' stick catcher. My husband was doing yard work this weekend and the cats were out there with him. Darryl (the boy) saw something in the bushes and started circling it. He then nabbed it and brought it over to my husband. Darryl probably thought it was another stick, but this one was wigglin'. It was a garden snake wiggiling away in his mouth. Good thing I wasn't out there, I would have been screaming. But Darryl brought it over and set it right down at my husband's feet. Well actually he kind of spit it out, like it was really nasty tasting. Still not sure he gets the concept of the whole hunting thing. Now his sister, Honey knows how to hunt. We've counted three birds so far. I just wish they would see those gophers pop out of their holes. Our yard is about to sink a foot from the all the gopher tunnels.

1 comment:

  1. hey at least you've only got 3 total... we get 3 a day sometimes. not a full week goes by without me having to vacuum up a new pile of feathers....

    ReplyDelete