Thursday, September 6, 2007

When is 11x14 not 11x14?

When you purchase frames at the last minute! I bought some frames for my upcoming shows and they stated they were 11x14 and would fit a standard mat. But they were just about 1/4" short of that. I really didn't think I'd need to bring a ruler with me. I guess when you are working on a shoestring budget you get what you pay for. Can't wait to get to the point where I can pay someone to do my framing or buy exactly what I want from a reputable wholesaler. It's just frustrating to be really into what you're doing and then have something not work that should. The other problem I ran into was that the opening in the some of the frames I purchased were also a little short. You'd think something that is mass produced would be the same size. Nope! But I did get almost everything done I wanted to get done last night. I have more to do for the show in October but I got the bulk of stuff done last night on the photos. I'll be doing some more paintings before the Santa Cruz show.

No comments:

Post a Comment