Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Power Tools and Pilates

I had to bring the Mikita to work with me this week. Nothing like a change of pace and power tools to make your job interesting. We moved our business into one building because we sold the other building. We had to empty it out and get everyone and everything into a smaller pace. Not an impossible task, just a lot of work. Our budget is small and my boss and I are the labor. We put on our jeans and brought our power drills from home and took on the task. Not that I don’t wear jeans everyday anyways but I got to wear my tennis shoes and sweatshirt too. That’s the beauty of living and working in a small town. Everything is casual. Good times!

We managed to get the building sold fast even in the face of the economy. However, we discovered the building we still owned needed extensive emergency repairs so the remodel is much more than we anticipated but in the long run will be a much better and usable building. I always say things happen for a reason. I think this all fell into place so I could get in shape and improve my overall health. At least that’s what I’m choosing to believe.

I’ve been moving stuff from building to building to storage. I’ve ripped out counters and moved furniture up and down stairs. On top of all this I’ve been going to Pilates and working out on a cross trainer machine or treadmill every other day. I also signed up for Weight Watchers and have been studying the Law of Attraction. I think synchronicity is in place. I’ve released 10 pounds since January and I feel really good. I’m living in the now and I’m in a very peaceful place.

Last night I was really considering not going to Pilates because I was so sore from moving all day. But I went to class and lay down on a roller and was immediately transformed. I could feel my back relaxing and stretching out. By the end of the hour I was exhausted, exhilarated and I felt taller. Today I wasn’t stiff. I had a few sore muscles but I felt really good, not crippled like I had feared I might be. I went home and had a couple of glasses of wine and a hot shower. It was an excellent day. Not sure everyone would agree with me about that. I’m sorry to report my boss went home and discovered she only had one glass of wine left in her house. She promptly poured it in her glass and spilled it. She should have went to Pilates with me. Clearly my energy was in a much better place and I belong to many wine clubs and was in no danger of a wine shortage. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment