Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007 is over!


The end of 2007 was too eventful for me and not enough about creating! I was selling sea glass products (which I guess I've got to do if I keep making the stuff), working full time plus at the newspaper, training a new business manager at another paper, doing holiday stuff, and dealing with health issues with my daughter. Travel, travel, travel. Stress, stress, stress!

October: Discovered my 19 year old daughter had a benign tumor that needed to be removed. It was huge and behind her heart. Surgery sceduled for December 28th. Sea Glass festival-very successful.

November: Went to Seattle at Thanksgiving to visit my son for a week. Had a blast!

December: Had to go to Lake Isabella twice to train a new business manager for one of our newspapers.

Had several home shows in Nov/Dec to sell sea glass products. Went to Ventura to a xmas craft fair to sell more stuff. (Reunited with an old friend!)

Son and his girlfriend home for Christmas. Daughter goes to emergency room for possible appendicitis. Spends night in hospital, released xmas eve morning. Appendicitis miraculously cures itself. Drive to Southern California for xmas at my mom's house. Drive back xmas day.

Surgery for my daughter's tumor happened on December 28th. All went well and they removed a 4 inch in diameter, 2 pound tumor-it's bigger than a softball! She's probably had it all her life. It was pushing on her lung. Major surgery. Home recovering.

I must say I did get some great photos in Seattle, which I will publish soon on my Smugmug account. I also have a lot to write about, dealing with my daughter in the hospital. All to come.....

Ok, 2007 is over. Let's start off 2008-new beginnings......

No comments:

Post a Comment