Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lyra



I'm a grandma! The instant I saw this little bundle my heart melted. She is beautiful. Lyra Adele Ritner, born September 12, 2009, 7 pounds, 14 oz.

The second we heard my daughter-in-law was headed to the hospital, Boyd and I jumped in the car and drove 14 hours to see our new grandchild. We were exhausted by the time we got to Washington. We didn't get to the hospital until 10:30pm. We had to go through security, have our car searched and then we got lost inside the hospital. But opening that door and seeing my son's new family was life changing. I can't even put it in words. They were all exhausted but beaming. Lyra was calm and comfortable snuggled into her mom. My heart melted as I looked into little Lyra's face. My granddaughter, a new person, a new branch to our family. The love was instant. My son is a father. Can't wait to get back over to the hospital this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment