Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Courage

"Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all."
-from the movie "The Princess Diaries" (2001)

I received this quote in my email from one of those quote of the day emails. I loved the quote and then laughed when I saw the source. But how appropriate the source when I think of my daughter. Our "little princess" taking off for New York and getting ready to face the world on her own terms. She barges through, visualizes and makes things happen. We should remember to look at our youth and recapture some of that courage.

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment