Monday, November 17, 2008

Lady Washington






This weekend my family took a three hour cruise on The Lady Washington. The ship was visiting Pillar Point Harbor in Half Moon Bay, California. They will be in Half Moon Bay all week and will still be giving sailing tours November 22 and 23rd before the set sail for Moss Landing.

We had unusually warm weather for November. The seas were calm and alas there was no wind. But not to fear the Lady Washington now comes equipped with an engine! We saw a whale, dolphins and seals. We watched the sunset from the deck of the ship. The crew was dressed in vintage costume and unfurled the sails, climbing up the ropes to the top of the sails. They sang us sea shanty songs as we bobbed along in the calm ocean.

It was quite relaxing. I wasn't sure how I was going to like being out in the ocean on a ship as I'd never been before. But I was pleasantly surprised at how well I did. My daughter on the other hand didn't like it when we were just bobbing along. As soon as we were moving again she started feeling better. The minute we had cell phone coverage and were almost back to shore she called in an order of nachos from the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company and ran to pick those up. I didn't know that nachos cured sea sickness but apparently they do. You learn something new every day.

Another perfect day in paradise! To see more of the photographs from this glorious day please go to my photo website at www.KimRitnerPhotography.smugmug.com

No comments:

Post a Comment