Friday, November 14, 2008

Quiet Moment



My sister is having a baby. She's scheduled for a c-section the day before Thanksgiving. My sister thought she would never have children, but at 43 she and her fiance discovered they were going to be parents. Surprise! She has been a pre-school teacher forever and loves children. Although I think she believes all children are three years old. She will be pleasantly surprised to find out that this is not true. They change so much in that first year and then before you know it they are grown and gone to college or getting married and having their own children.

My mom was over at my sister's house helping her to set up the nursery. My sister has been very worried about learning all there is to know about caring for a baby. As I said she's an expert with three year olds. But clueless when it comes to bunting a baby. She was worried she wouldn't know how to wrap that baby up right and had been reading about it. She asked my mom to help her with it. The nursery was finished and everything was in place and here was my sister very pregnant and worried that she couldn't wrap that baby up when she got him home. My mom and her worked with a blanket and a stuffed monkey. They were sharing a quiet moment of mom and daughter, my mom patiently showing her daughter the intricacies of wrapping up a baby. My mom looked up and there was my sister's fiance, quietly watching them both. She didn't know how long he had been there, but was touched by the softness this man was showing in his face as he watched this loving scene.

I'm excited and elated as this new family starts another branch in our family tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment